The Bud and Tweet Today – update in progress Dec. 6 2016
Live & current events blog about growing projects, startups, and causes.
With updates and links as stories branch and blog-buds blossom.*
View Glenda MacDonald’s profile
*This is a dynamic content web page constantly being over-written. It’s not a blog post, it’s more of a live news page! Welcome inside my garden of story ideas and insights as I grow my own business and help others grow theirs. Some ideas will blossom into blog posts, and when they do I’ll embed the links here and then tweet the update. See also Upcoming Events and Past Events Archives. Also listed below are my Project Updates, info on my growing list of Affiliations, and links to some Reviews I’m working on covering media, arts & entertainment, and science & technology.
WEDNESDAY-THURSDAY Featured photo: Peonies in the rain
Weather in Toronto: After working from my laptop on the back deck all day in the sun yesterday morning I’m back inside today. The temperature has dropped to 14C (57F), it’s very windy and overcast, and it feels like it might rain at any moment.
Flora & fauna photography update: The white peonies across the street are now in full bloom, and in the shared back yard with my next door neighbor I discovered a bright pink peony bush that has never bloomed before. As I get back to my daily photography walkabouts I’m sure I’ll discover more new blossoms that have arrived while I’ve been away nursing my cold.
THURSDAY June 9 2016 Events & Updates:
Live-tweeting and live-blogging and events today:
- TUES June 7 to FRI June 10 2016 24/7 Instagram Success Summit (Online), Sydney Australia. Register now for your free 24 hour pass or upgrade to the All Access Pass.
GM note: I’m an affiliate and am live-tweeting and live-blogging the event.
Here is my blog post summarizing my review tweets for Day 3 (THURS) (in progress)
Here is my blog post summarizing my review tweets for Day 2 (WED)
Here is my blog post summarizing my review tweets for Day 1 of 4 (TUES)
- Check out my new Affiliations Page to see some of the organizations with which I’m affiliated, partnered with, and/or doing freelance work for! I recently announced my new affiliations:
- COHM provides audio and voice production services for phone systems and videos worldwide. I recently signed a strategic partnership with them and will be sharing more news about their services.
- Leading Talent – Canada’s first job portal for women – is a new division of Women In Leadership Foundation, with whom I’ve long been affiliated as an advisor regarding social media and marketing. Now I’m helping them grow their social media and blog to increase awareness of their story.
- Social Media Manager School Check out my blog post yesterday about Andrea Vahl’s Facebook Advertising Secrets Course. I’m an affiliate of SMMS of which Andrea is the co-founder. I endorse and promote their courses as a proud alumnus. Watch for my upcoming blog post about Andrea’s free webinar webinar on Social Media Return on Investment on June 22.
- I also have some news about Small Today, and National Crowd Funding Association of Canada I’ll be sharing soon as well as some updates about my relationships with Bluehost and Elegant Themes.
- Prompted!: I’m curating my micro-poetry and photography for the first book in my series Prompted!. I’m examining the use of prompts for creative expression, beginning with some prompts from
#WrittenRiver. I’ll set up a page for this project. #micropoetry daily tweets: I’ve been writing and tweeting micro-poetry daily since December 27 using prompts from #WrittenRiver. #photography: Featured photos: I’m investigating which WordPress plugin to use to set up a Photo Gallery to archive my past featured photos. (Special thanks to @davisbrown562 for recommending an article with some suggested plugins!). In the meantime follow @glenda_macd on Twitter as featured photos are included with the daily The Bud and Tweet Today updates. I had registered with EyeEm Market a stock photography agency out of Berlin but have not proceeded with them. I decided I wanted to work with an agency in North America. When I used to work in magazine advertising I used iStock Photo all the time when planning ads for my clients. So I feel comfortable investigating them and was thrilled to see they are in Canada, in Calgary! So I am going through the application process to become an iStock photographer and I am also applying to be an affiliate.
- Apps: I have a public Twitter list of the apps that ‘make me appy’. If you’re on Twitter you can subscribe, otherwise check out my Apps Review page where the tweets are streaming live from my favourite apps.
- Books: I’m reading several books: E-Book Publishing For Dummies (about 60% complete), How To Blog A Book by Nina Amir (on Chapter 1), and a fiction eBook by a Twitter friend (about 20% complete). Reviews to follow.
- Conferences: Instagram Success Summit Review Aired: March 14 to 23 2016 (My Small Today event affiliate link). Event Hashtag:
#InstagramSummit . I’m live-tweeting my reviews of reviewing all 30 prerecorded interviews. Currently I’m on Day 1 of 4, and tweeting the best tips and insights as I develop an in-depth blog post. (in progress)
- Conferences: Email Success Summit Review Aired: March 14 to 23 2016 (Now Online Course 24/7 via All Access Pass) (My Small Today event affiliate link). My Event Hashtag:
#ESS. I’m reviewing all 40 prerecorded interviews. Currently I’m reviewing Day 2 of 7, and tweeting the best tips and insights as I develop an in-depth blog post. Check out my blog post for updates. #EmailMarketing (20% complete)
- Film: FILM REVIEW (In progress): The Happy Film (International Premiere Hot Docs Film Festival 2016).
#TheHappyFilm (20% complete)
- MacbookPro: I’ll set up a review page to cover my MacbookPro learning curve. Here are some of my recent challenges. 1. keyboard: The gremlins inside my MacBookPro keyboard have fixed themselves, perhaps with my trial and error. 2. 2. My upgrade from Mountain Lion OS to El Capitan eventually became a success and I’m now able to do regular backups on the Time Machine. So for now, all is fine again! Things with Macintosh often work themselves out mysteriously.
- MAGAZINE REVIEW: WIRED – June 2016 issue (in progress).
- Music: Check out my TwitterList streaming tweets from my favourite artists.
Do you have questions or a great story to share?
Please email me at gm(at)glendamacdonald.com or use my contact form to suggest story ideas or ask questions about startups, social media, and creative endeavors, etc. I’m looking forward to connecting with you! What’s your story?